Payment for services provided by Bentley & Associates Pty Ltd (trading as Dorin Bentley CPA) is payable on completion of the service provided. The service provided does not include lodgement of forms to ATO and other organisations. The lodgement will only occur after payment has been made in full, and the lodgement itself will not incur a fee.

Fees will be outlined in an engagement letter and/or via email correspondence. Services will only be provided once acceptance of the fees has been given by the client.

We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the services you asked for. This includes deciding that you do not want us to lodge your tax return or other forms (e.g. the tax return has been completed, but you go to a different accountant for a second opinion). 

But you can choose to cancel your contract, and receive a refund for unconsumed services, if the service has a major problem. This is when the service:

  • has a problem that would have stopped someone from purchasing the service if they had known about it

  • is substantially unfit for its common purpose, and can’t be easily fixed within a reasonable time

  • does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot be easily rectified within a reasonable time

If you choose to continue with the contract, you can ask us to compensate you for any difference in the value of the services we provided and what you paid.

If the problem is not major, we will fix it within a reasonable time (e.g. making adjustments to financial statements if an error has been made, or there has been an omission - where a major problem with the documents is found which was due to an error on the client's part, additional fees may be charged). If it is not fixed within this time, you can choose to have someone else fix the problem and recover all reasonable costs from us. If the problem cannot be fixed, we view it as a major problem.

If an error has been made by us which has resulted in penalties incurred by the client, we will either refund our fees or pay the penalty. In some cases we may be able to apply for a remission of penalties.

If you would like further clarification on any of the above, please send an email to